- Location: 3401 Calle Tecate, Camarillo, CA 93012
- Category: Operational and Technical
- Status/FLSA: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
YTC America Inc. (YTCA), the North American corporate research and development center of Yazaki Corporation, Japan is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to fill the technician position within its Facilities Group.
Reporting to the Department Head, Facilities and Engineering, the individual will be a key member of the facilities staff and will work assisting in the daily operational functions, maintenance, and repair of the facility and R&D equipment. The duties include:
- Ensure timely maintenance, repair, and service-scheduling for facility fixtures, machinery, and equipment, including:
- HVAC systems – experience with gas-fired chillers is a plus
- Lighting systems and fixtures
- Natural gas fired electric generators
- Facility and equipment electrical systems
- Building Management System (BMS)
- Various laboratory and R&D equipment (e.g., spray coating, sintering furnaces, humidity chambers, etc.)
- Provide timely support of R&D personnel, including:
- Completion of assigned work orders according to assigned priorities
- Equipment installation and removal
- Ensure HVAC supply and exhaust quantity and quality
- Act as point of contact for contracted workers while on-site
- Keep management informed of any deviations to procedure and policy
- Perform additional facilities duties and tasks as needed
The candidate should have a high school diploma or GED, some trade technical school preferred, and a minimum of five (5) years industrial facilities operations and knowledge of current applicable regulations. Ability to comprehend and adhere to all policies and procedures applicable to technician position. The ideal candidate should have the ability to properly diagnose electrical and HVAC issues and interruptions, and perform moderate repairs. Capability to safely operate aerial lifts and work at elevated heights. Experience with computerized control systems (e.g., PLC, BackNet, etc.) and forklift certification or prior experience with forklift operations is a plus.
The position requires interactions with Company staff members in a positive and courteous manner, hands-on work, a can-do attitude, work in a team environment, strong written and verbal communication skills, and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically, Outlook, Word, and Excel. Physical requirements include spending extended time walking, bending, stooping, and climbing stairs and ladders, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
YTCA offers a state-of-the-art research facility, competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal Time, and Sick Leave.
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- 401(k) Plan, and Employer and Safe Harbor Matching Contribution.
- Bonus Program.
- Educational Tuition Reimbursement.
Qualified candidates are requested to send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reply Code: FT1-2022.
YTCA is an Equal Opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.